This post was written by: Channing Puls
Operation Safe Driver Week is scheduled to take place July 9-15. During this time, law enforcement officers will be conducting increased traffic enforcement aimed at preventing crashes and improving road safety while looking for drivers engaging in risky driving. Whether you are driving a commercial vehicle or a passenger vehicle, it is important to prioritize safety on the road. Below are helpful tips to keep drivers safe.
- Avoid distracted driving. Distracted driving is a leading cause of accidents. While driving, avoid distractions such as texting, talking on the phone or eating.
- Always wear your seatbelt. Seatbelts save lives. Make sure you and your passengers always wear seatbelts while driving.
- Follow the speed limit. Speeding increases the likelihood of accidents. Always obey the posted speed limit and adjust your speed based on weather and traffic conditions.
- Do not drive while under the influence. Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal and extremely dangerous.
- Maintain your vehicle. Regular vehicle maintenance helps ensure that your vehicle is safe to operate. Be sure to check your tires, brakes, lights and other important systems before hitting the road.
Drivers can do their part to promote safe driving practices by following traffic laws and regulations, avoiding distractions while driving, maintaining a vehicle properly and by being aware of their surroundings. By working together, we can make our roads safer for everyone.
**The content provided is not intended as legal advice and should not be construed or interpreted as such. If such advice is needed, The Paladin Group recommends that you seek counsel for the specific advice or services needed.**