This post was written by: Channing Puls
Most all accidents have one thing in common, failure to look ahead when driving or failure to pay attention to the road. It is essential for commercial drivers to take proper safety precautions and follow traffic rules to prevent accidents and ensure the safety of themselves and others on the road.
Here are the leading causes of accidents for commercial drivers.
1. Driver Fatigue: Commercial drivers often travel long distances and work long hours, which can lead to driver fatigue.
2. Distracted Driving: Commercial drivers may get distracted by their phones, radio or GPS which can lead to an accident occurring.
3. Poor Vehicle Maintenance: Neglecting vehicle maintenance can lead to accidents due to issues such as brake failure, tire blowouts or engine problems.
4. Speeding: Commercial drivers may feel pressure to meet tight schedules and delivery deadlines, which can lead to speeding and accidents.
5. Driving Under the Influence: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can impair a driver’s judgment and reflexes.
6. Inexperienced Drivers: Inexperienced drivers may lack the necessary skills and training to handle commercial vehicles.
7. Weather Conditions: Bad weather like rain, snow or ice can make driving hazardous for drivers.
Commercial driving comes with its own set of risks. Accidents can happen for a variety of reasons. In order to prevent accidents and ensure road safety, it is important for commercial drivers to prioritize safety and follow traffic rules and regulations.
#PaladinInsured #TheMoreYouKnow #LeadingCauseofAccidents #ThePaladinGroup
**The content provided is not intended as legal advice and should not be construed or interpreted as such. If such advice is needed, The Paladin Group recommends that you seek counsel for the specific advice or services needed.**